Enjoying the many benefits of LASIK eye surgery starts with choosing the right surgeon, and our team at Atlantic Eye Myrtle Beach is here to help. Your surgeon and their staff will be helping you make decisions about your vision health, so it’s important that you feel comfortable, confident, and well-informed when visiting your LASIK center. Ahead, we’ll touch on five key points to look for in your surgeon – and their staff – to help you find just the right fit for your needs.
Choosing a LASIK Eye Surgeon? Be Sure to Look for These Five Things
- Experience – There’s simply no substitute for experience. Experienced LASIK surgeons have performed many laser eye surgeries, and have a deep understanding of the best options for each individual case. It’s best to choose a surgeon who has accumulated that level of experience – and the proven track record that goes with it.
- Communication – Look for a LASIK surgeon who is willing to answer your questions, and explains things in a manner that is easy to digest. It’s important that you feel confident in your choice, so you want a surgeon who communicates well with you. As you’ll see below, your surgeon’s staff will also play an important role in the communication process.
- LASIK Technology – The surgical techniques and platforms used to perform LASIK are always evolving, and the best LASIK eye surgeons will offer diverse options to improve your vision health based on the best tools available. In addition to the various LASIK technologies available, some people who are not candidates for LASIK may still be able to achieve great results with other treatment options, including Surface Ablation and Refractive Lens Exchange.
- Helpful Staff – While your LASIK surgeon will be the one to perform your LASIK procedure, your surgeon’s staff also plays an important role throughout the process. They will help answer your questions, prepare you for appointments, and handle plenty of seemingly small but important details along the way. Look for a surgeon whose staff makes you feel comfortable, and meets a high standard of care.
- Recommendations – Online reviews can be a helpful starting point, but there’s no substitute for getting a recommendation from someone you know and trust. Your eye doctor will likely be able to recommend a well-qualified LASIK surgeon whose work quality and results are trusted by your own eye doctor. Any friends or relatives who have had LASIK will also be able to tell you about nearby LASIK surgeons based on their own experiences.
The team at Atlantic Eye is proud to serve the people of Myrtle Beach, SC for all of your LASIK needs, with locations in Murrells Inlet and Conway. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff is here to answer your vision health questions, and it’s easy to arrange your LASIK consultation. In addition to our LASIK services, we offer cataract and comprehensive eye care treatment options.